A local, experienced cosmetic dentist can transform your smile and your appearance. If you want to look younger, improving your smile is a great place to start. As people age their teeth start to yellow and stain while the natural sheen on their teeth becomes dull. This can be corrected with the help from a dental professional.
There are several ways to improve your smile, and in so doing, make yourself look younger. The first step is preventative care, including:
- Stop smoking. When you use tobacco products they place sticky plaque onto your teeth that can create stains. Additionally, all of the chemicals within a cigarette can make your teeth look yellow.
- Avoid drinks that stain. Drinking coffee, tea, wine, and soda can all cause stains to form on your teeth. Try substituting these drinks for water whenever possible. If you can’t live without your morning beverage, you can drink it out of a straw or simply brush your teeth immediately afterwards.
- Brush after every meal. Instead of only brushing twice a day, start brushing after every meal. This will allow you to remove the chemicals or food coloring that can cause stains to form on your teeth. It will also remove much of the bacteria that forms on your teeth after eating and drinking. This one step can help to prevent stains and make you healthier.
- Floss daily. Stains can form in between your teeth. This type of discoloration is extremely common with people that do not floss. If you are not in the habit of doing so, carry disposable flossing tools with you and floss after eating lunch.
- Visit our cosmetic dentist. Schedule an appointment to have your teeth cleaned twice a year. Many stains can be removed by a simple teeth cleaning.
How a Cosmetic Dentist Can Improve Your Smile
Preventative maintenance is important for long term care. If you are looking for immediate results, you can brighten your smile and look younger with the help from an experienced dentist. The first thing we typically recommend is to have your teeth whitened. Our in-office teeth whitening procedure is completed in under an hour and can whiten your teeth by up to eight shades. This single step can make a huge impact on your appearance.
If your teeth are damaged or looking aged, you may want to have veneers placed on the teeth that people see when you smile. Veneers lay on top of your existing teeth so that your natural ones stay intact. They can close gaps, fix crooked teeth, brighten teeth, and correct damaged ones. Overall, veneers are an excellent way to give you a stunning Hollywood smile without an invasive procedure.
People that have lost a tooth may benefit from having a dental implant installed. Over seventy percent of U.S. adults lose a tooth at some point in their adult lives. Leaving an empty hole is a fast way to age yourself, as this problem is more common among the elderly. We can replace your missing tooth using implant technology so that no one will ever know it fell out in the first place.
As a cosmetic dentist, we offer a variety of services to transform your smile into something amazing. For more information or to schedule a consultation call our office today.